Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've been all over the forums and I'm still running into problems.

First off, I have an 01 Disco 2 with 170,000 miles on it.

Last week a P0130 code popped up. Cleared it a couple times to make sure it was legit and it was. I changed both front O2 sensors and then I started getting both the P0130 and the P0150 codes. Somewhere I read that it can take a while to reset the system after changing both sensors so I again spent a few days driving it and clearing the codes.

When it seemed too much, I went ahead and changed the plugs and wires since it had been a few years. While I was changing the plugs and wires I unhook the battery and let it sit for about 5 hours (I read somewhere that someone did that and the codes stopped flagging so I thought what the hell).

Since then I still get the P0130 and the P0150 codes (along with the associated "too lean" 700 numbered codes. But now I'm getting codes for the #5 and #7 cylinders misfiring. It's too hot to get in there right now to make sure everything is still connected correctly but a preliminary look didn't show anything off.

I know there's some discussion regarding changing all 4 O2 sensors at the same time. I've never had to do that with other vehicles but this is the first LR I've had so is it that big of an issue. Would new front senors and old back sensors cause the P0130 and P0150 (and associated too lean codes) to continue popping up?

·
certified idiot
694 Posts
I changed just the front two sensors with no problems.
be careful of using non bosch or non genuine as the first 2 I bought were chinese knockoffs and the sensor and heater ground wires were backwards in the plug in both. I swapped them over and they have worked fine since. If you are unsure of wiring then buy bosch or LR its safer.
Remember too that modern sensors breathe through the wire core so dont put dielectric grease or silicone into the plug joint it needs to stay clean and clear for a small amount of air flow.
cheers
Barri

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
X2 on clean
Oil leaks, crud in the connector and on the plug and or harness can bugger up a sensor
I had an oil leak (valve cover gasket minor leak) on my 2000 a couple years ago, missfire codes 02 codes etc.
Cleaned the oil and stuff out of it and was fine. Did not switch out the sensor.

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
In this case it can be only a wiring or ECU issue... see if you get 12V on the brown/pink wire at the sensor's plug, if yes you'll have to make continuity test on the circuit between the sensors and ECU and if all these are ruled out then IMO you should try other ECU.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.