Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Support Our Troops
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I am getting ready to replace my tires on my 97 Disco. It is stock height.

I have been looking around for BF Goodrich A/T, but they dont seem to come in the stock tire size. My question is they have them in 225/75/16, will this size work with my stock ride height 97 Disco? Tire Rack has them for $121 per tire which seems to be a good price. I had these on my old chevy and loved them.

·
These pretzels are making me thirsty
317 Posts
Only thing I can tell you is that if you do the math, the Goodrich A/T come out a bit bigger. I just found out recently this is how to determine tire height, thought I would pass it along. Now, as far as whether they will fit under your truck without rubbing, sorry man, hopefully someone with more experince than myself will know. Also, check this thread http://landroversonly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3697&highlight=tire+size

225 x .75= 168.75
Stock size 235 x .70= 164.5

·
SCUBA Instructor
81 Posts
Tire Size

I just put on 245/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler RT/S on my otherwise bone stock 98 Disco and they went on with no trimming and no prolblems.

·
MG
771 Posts
With all the discussion about tire sizes and the changes between metric and English, I put together a quick Excel spreadsheet that lets you compare tire height and width (in both systems). If anyone wants it, let me know your e-mail address...

As far as wether or not it fits under your rig: trial and error. The beauty about goofing this one up, is that you would then have a great excuse to modify!

·
Registered
40 Posts
225/75 r16

Put my set of 225/75r16's on my D1 before I lifted with an OME setup and had no trouble with the rubbing on anything went for Cooper Discoverer S/T's in the light truck range which have 10ply sides. Handle well when pushed and had no grip problem's offroad noise level good aswell. :drive:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.