Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 96 Land Rover Discovery. The other day my wife stated that when she was driving the "Anti-Lock" light came on temporarily. Today when I was driving the brake pedal lost pressure for a short time and later in the day the "Anti-Lock light came on and stayed on. I immediately thought that it must be the brake pads, so I pulled all the wheels and all the brakes pads appear to be in near "new" condition. I checked the master cylinder and no leaks. This is where I get stumped. Not ever having ABS before I do not know where to look from here. Could the master cylinder have a leak internally? What would cause the brake pedal to temporarily go soft and the "Anti-Lock" light to come on? Any help would be appreciated.

On the AutoZone commercials, they always say "Turn to the professionals" so that's what I am doing. To bad it's not a question about sheep!

:drink1:

· MG
714 Posts
It sounds like the ABS is bleeding brake pressure off unnecessarily. That would mean there's a dangerous fault somewhere that you need to remedy sooner raher than later.

Now I'll let the real professionals post...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.