Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Anti-Lock light is lit on the dash. I pulled the 30 amp fuse from the engine compartment, still lit. Pulled the 5 amp and 10 amp fuses from the sockets and the light remains lit. Other than taking it to the dealer to have the codes read, is there a way to diagnose this problem or shut the light off? Not sure if it's the modulator (big bucks), brake booster, dirty ABS sensors or the system needs bleeding.

·
Registered
367 Posts
It seems I was mistaken, there are only three. The fourth fuse I pulled at the time was for the headlight sprayers, which have been broken since I got my truck (I finally removed the hosing for them last week, yay!)

Try pulling all the fuses with the truck off, then reset the computer and see if you get the light still. I have a '95, I'm not sure if they changed the system much between our model years. Good luck, though :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bleeding the brakes was one of the "recommendations" I read before replacing expensive parts like the modualtor, ECU or sensors. The PO had the pads replaced and the pedal feels a little soft so there might be some air in the lines. Don't recall where I read it and don't know if the light is related. It's one way to begin the process of elimination. Next will be to clean the sensors and check the connections.

·
Registered
24 Posts
1 check all fuses
2 check all connections
3 try cleaning the abs sensors
4 replace the brake light switch at the peddle
5 still not working? now you are in the same **** as the rest of us
6 spend money getting the fault diagnosed
7 change the sensor the diagnoses says is at fault

Chances are its one of the front sensors but change the brake switch first
Best of luck
Sean

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm almost at number 5 already. Glad I don't drink, getting it all worked out sure could drive someone in that direction. I'm trying to post some pics from the fest last week. They serve beer by the liter and carry them by the loadful. Plenty of German folks having a great time.

·
Registered
622 Posts
For what it's worth, there was a recall on my ABS system on my '03 Disco. Not sure of the extent of the recall, but I remember them saying it involved several model years....

·
as good as it gets
331 Posts
I have replaced and cleaned sensors to get the ABS light to go off...than after the $$$ and time doing so only to have the light come back on in a couple weeks . The ABS light in my opinion is like a revolvin door on D1's.

I am very anal about dash lights, but one thing I have learned about my D1 is keeping the dash lights off is a full time daily job.

Now I have just finally grown accustomed to all the Christmas looking lights on....my wifes car on the other hand that is a Nissan if a light comes on we both look at each other and say utt oh....lmao

My D1 is a 94 - 185,000 miles
Her Maxima - 95 - 220,000 miles

Bought both new around the same time.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hear you loud and clear on dash lights, they bug me when lit. I plan on doing all I can without becoming obsessive about it. The pedal is spongy so I'll bleed the lines and follow all the recommendations with cleaning. Other than that, I get used to staring at the light on the dash. The "revolving door" analogy hit the nail on the head.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I unplugged My ABS ECU and gave it the finger with some words to follow. :complain:

Why is it the lights you want to burn out never do and the hardest most expensive ones burnout like every other day.

Yeah Revolving Door is right. If it doesn't burn out soon i'm going to pull the cluster and remove the bulb. :buttrock:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.