Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Discovery II that has just started having a problem with the anti-roll circuit. It starts rocking the vehicle side to side until the yellow dashboard light of the vehicle with rocking arrows lights, which I gather means that feature stops. The codes I get from my reader tells me the sensor is weak. My problem is that there is no mention anywhere of this sensor. This is occurring while driving. I would like to remedy this without neutralizing this feature. Thank you.

· Registered
1,166 Posts
I have a 2000 Discovery II that has just started having a problem with the anti-roll circuit. It starts rocking the vehicle side to side until the yellow dashboard light of the vehicle with rocking arrows lights, which I gather means that feature stops. The codes I get from my reader tells me the sensor is weak. My problem is that there is no mention anywhere of this sensor. This is occurring while driving. I would like to remedy this without neutralizing this feature. Thank you.
That is the caution light for the ACE system (Active Cornering Enhancement). It's essentially a hydraulically activated anti-roll bar system. You definitely have issues if it's actually rocking the vehicle. In theory, it's supposed to lock the actuator and act as a normal heavy sway bar when the fault light is illuminated.
Do you have the actual fault code(s)?

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the three amigos reader awhile back. At the moment it is not reading what it read awhile ago, which was the anti-roll sensor was weak. It did not say it was not working, so I went over the system, replaced the rear shocks because they were iffy. The light went out, but did start rocking the car while driving until the light came on. I know if I disconnect the electrics to the valve assembly I will always have the dash light. I would rather not.

· Registered
1,166 Posts
I got the three amigos reader awhile back. At the moment it is not reading what it read awhile ago, which was the anti-roll sensor was weak. It did not say it was not working, so I went over the system, replaced the rear shocks because they were iffy. The light went out, but did start rocking the car while driving until the light came on. I know if I disconnect the electrics to the valve assembly I will always have the dash light. I would rather not.
Your ABS Amigo will not read the ACE system. You'll have to go to a reputable LR INDY shop with the appropriate software to read the ACE. Also, the shocks are not part of the system.
Unfortunately, although a great system when it's working, it can be a frustrating and EXPENSIVE fix.
Pulling the exact codes will point you in the right direction.

· Registered
1,166 Posts
I guess what I am looking for is, "what is the input that tells the anti-roll circuit to correct the pitch of the vehicle, and where is it located"? Thank you.
I believe the inputs are taken from two accelerometers. I'm not familiar enough to speak with any authority on the details. Do a internet search and download the RAVE for further info.

· Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I have a similar problem, the ACE light came on amber and a couple of times at low speeds the back of the Disco rocked from side to side like it was trying to level. Then after a few days (where I didn't drive except to see what was going on), the SLS light came on instead.

I took it to the LR dealer who reported an error code for the ACE filter, they changed this after a long wait but it didn't solve the problem. I picked the car up today and it rocked from side to side briefly at low speed on a roundabout on the way home. Drives fine when at speed on the motorway and on A roads.

Now the LR workplace told me today they 'aren't doing LR' from the end of the month and they have already ditched the diagnostics tool! Looks like I have to buy my own then.

Condor7, did you find the fault? It's snowing out and before I get down under the Disco I wouldn't mind some tips of where to start :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.