Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother in law has a 2000 Landrover Discovery 2. It is overheating. He added more antifreeze and it still overheated. He discovered antifreeze in the crankcase mixed with oil. What are some of the possibilities to cause this sort of problem? He is afraid that it is a cracked block. Are there other possibilities besides a cracked block?

· Banned
527 Posts
Jerry Hauke said:
My brother in law has a 2000 Landrover Discovery 2. It is overheating. He added more antifreeze and it still overheated. He discovered antifreeze in the crankcase mixed with oil. What are some of the possibilities to cause this sort of problem? He is afraid that it is a cracked block. Are there other possibilities besides a cracked block?
I doubt very seriously its a cracked block. My bet is on a head gasket.

· Registered
184 Posts
I agree with Chris it sounds like a head gasket. My wife had a car that blew a head gasket and that is what happened to hers. If he didn't let it overheat to much there is probally nothing else wrong, you can crack the block or warp the heads if it has overheated to much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.