Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
4,576 Posts
DUDE!!!! I was in AnnArbor last weekend!!! I didnt see a SINGLE disco up there...you must be aching to get that Disco of your dirty with all that land at your disposal! I didnt even see a LR dealer i the Yellow Pages!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Jc...

Yeah the nearest delear is in Farmington hills, Eastside more towards Detroit,
Haveing Some Problems With the old girl Has 84K on her and 3 things just poppeed up Transfer case Big Clunk, Steering box is leaking My steering knukle came loose, and my Rotary Coulper broke. So once I get it going I love to Learn some Off roading k :wave:

·
4,576 Posts
Oh man!

WOW , you got yourself one hek of a prop there...nothing I've dealt with yet, but I actually do have a really leaky steering box that'll start to go down south soon....

But yeah, what I would recommend is getting yourself a manual, which im willing to make a copy of and send, and start lookin through it and reading up on symptoms and ways to repair it. There's also this great site...do a search using key words like... leaky steering box, and there should be quite a few thread on just about every subject, with GREAT knowledge being shared from a lot of the Disco gurus on here such as John C, Disco, Terry, Searcaigh and many more. I wouldnt call myself a guru yet, but I've spent enough time reading my manual and just reading through tons of articles on here and other sites to know a thing or two about Series ! Discos with the 4.0s

My friend, I would also recommend (and take it from a young guy who immidiately jumped into off roading with a vehicle that SHOULDNT have been off roaded) that you take your time first, get the truck's big probs fixed first, in order of priority, then making sure its running great, before you plow through any mudd. Its NO fun to be stuck out inthe middle of no where with a truck that cant get your home (who am i kidding, hell yeah it was fun!!)..lol......

Great to have ya on the forum, and I guess I'll see ya around, because im definately going back next year around this same time to drive some more NASCARS!

Welcome Aboard! :drink1:

·
Forward!
2,324 Posts
The Haynes manual is a very basic guide compared to the LR manual. If you plan on keeping your truck for awhile it is well worth the extra money spent for the LR shop manual.

Besides you own a Land Rover...................you can afford it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!
:D :D :D

Welcome to the forum. :drink1:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hows it going, I am from Michigan and guesse what I am also from the Ann Arbor area;) I posted a while ago looking for people from the Ann arbor area. I hate working on things by myself. LOL. IMHO Two heads are better than one. How long have you owned your Disco, And it sounds like you have alot of work ahead of you. I have not ran into any Rover clubs around here and deffinitly nobody else on the boards from around here. Its kinda of two bad. oh well more people will get on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Mr. Spool,
I've Had My disco for about A year and a half, I'm actually from grass lake, where are you at, and where do you get service and parts.
I do'nt think I'm going to takle the Transfer case myself, but I'm doing my front brakes and i going to try and clean my front abs sensor too see if my light and the pulsating will stop, Probably new struts also.
What's the most major repair you've done so far?

Kraig\\ 99' D1 se

·
Forward!
2,324 Posts
MrSpool said:
Hows it going, I am from Michigan and guesse what I am also from the Ann Arbor area;) I posted a while ago looking for people from the Ann arbor area. I hate working on things by myself. LOL. IMHO Two heads are better than one. How long have you owned your Disco, And it sounds like you have alot of work ahead of you. I have not ran into any Rover clubs around here and deffinitly nobody else on the boards from around here. Its kinda of two bad. oh well more people will get on.
Have you looked into the Great Lakes Land Rover club? They are out of Michigan or should I say the mitten! Ha, Ha!!! :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mitten, LOL. I have never heard of the great lakes rover's. Or seen them. Most if not all Discos, or RR in the area are for on road, I think they are the cleanest Suvs on the road. all owned by doctors or thugs. HA Ha. but not many appear to be used to even go out in the rain. Go figure. There is a huge jeeper following up here and even some pathfinder following. but then again those suvs are in a totally different class.

·
Forward!
2,324 Posts
You haven't been to the U.P. offroading yet? Man, you have got to check out Drummand Island, awesome trails! There are some great pics on the web site, I highly recommend going to the Upper P and check out some of the most beautiful country in the U.S.! You could spend two weeks hitting some of the best trails east of the Mississippi just in the Huron Mountains!!!

The link to their club is www.gllrc.com.

Say Yah To Da U.P. Eh

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.