Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok...so my abs/ tc/ and hd lights are on and i know there are many posts about this. but something strange happened today. i was in a parking lot and turned hard left while breaking, while i was doing this...the break pedal vibrated (for lack of a better term) and felt odd beneath my foot. has anyone experienced this in particular or have any ideas as to what it might be? i am assuming speed sensor!

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone???

·
Registered
363 Posts
Brake pedal vibration

I get the same thing every time I start my truck. I was told it was the ABS pump. You can also read about it in your owners manual. I forgot what page it is on. As for when I am turing sharp and going over a curb I get it also, but I think that is the TC kicking in.

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i get it when i start also, but the whole left turn thing was new. my lights are on and i want to know if my TC is working or not. is there any way to tell if the traction control is working? and hill descent too for that matter!

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
I have seen a couple of post where this was mentioned and in most of them it was the l/f sensor.
Mike J.

·
Polish and proud of it.
631 Posts
It turns on when making left turn ?

I had the same problem .

Did it stayed off if going straight after turning off and back on the engine ?

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Not sure about TC but you can test the ABS. Have someone watch your rover from both sides. Get on a dirt road and get going pretty fast and then slam on the breaks, the tire/s that dont have ABS enabled will lock up.

·
Registered
33 Posts
dirtyduk

What you feel is abs activation,try a new abs relay,located in the under hood fuse panel.the early dII's had a recall involving this relay.You should check the codes anyway and start by replacing the hub sensor using the new factory part that wires all the way to the SLABS ecu.An unfortunate process of elimination.
Anyone else should know that if the abs light is on,you ant got no abs or traction control,or HDC, its all in the same old SLABS control unit. :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
dirtyduk said:
Anyone else should know that if the abs light is on,you ant got no abs or traction control,or HDC, its all in the same old SLABS control unit. :cool:
Thats not true.....I had a complete working ABS and TC system when my lights (ABS, TC, HDC) were on....though im sure in my case it was a more rare one.

Jolting caused a sensor to read that my rover was on air suspesion, when it always had coils. It couldnt detect the suspension so the lights came on. Because everything else was intact (sensors, modulator, etc. etc.) it all functioned....I just had the lights on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.