Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need info regards the pin out on the defender (td5)diagnostic socket I have built my own interface for the OBD2 iso 9141/14230 protocol working fine connected to the pc however the L line is stated in the protocol documentation as pin 15 on the diagnostic socket
On my 2002 MY Defender the connector has no pin on 15 but has a pin on pin 8 which aint any standard Ive seen. The additional problem is that there are 3 ECU's on 2 pins (7 & 8)1 for engine management 1 for the ABS and 1 for the 10as alarm imobelizer(sp?) etc
So I am presuming because the alarm ECU is on pin 8 that this aint the replacement L line instead of 15 and it almost suggests that its 2 K lines on pin 7 and 8 so a single K Line interface is required.
However not that I can explain easily in this email but i have had my interface connected and the experiments I have tried doesnt give me a warm feeling that my second theory is right either.
email me at [email protected]

I am available for answering vehicle electrical problem questions although my direct hands on landrover experience is limited
cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
almost a year on and no replies to this and nobody out there or on the web knows what Im talking about surley some mistake
isnt there any body out there who owns a newish landrover that cant afford to go to there rip off dealership for diagnostics

1 - 2 of 2 Posts