Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
Actually when you consider the power output of the Merc diesel, or even the 200/300 tdi it's right there in line with them.

If I had the ability to do the fab work for the adapter to the transmission I would consider it in a heart beat. It wouldn't be fast but I'm sure it would be up to the challenge.

There was a guy that did the swap into a series.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used to own a Golf TDI with the 90-hp version of that motor. I know there's a solid aftermarket for tweaks, and they're relatively available in used form. Just a lot of stuff to carry over- full wiring harness including instrument cluster and ignition switch.

I'll be at SEMA next week and will have a chance to speak with them about the project. I'm really curious though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does anyone know of a place to get the engine/tranny adapter and engine mounts? I can do all the wiring and plumbing. I even have a spare VW TDI (ALH) engine with ECU and harness.

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
For a VW swap your probably going to have to do them yourself, with the help of a local fab shop.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Just to put this info out there. I have a fair size machine shop with cad/cam and all the latest toys. I have made a few dozen adapter plates for MGB to Nissan trans. If you can provide a template I can fab the stuff for you for cost of materials. If you are any where near NJ we can also sit down with the bell housing and block and figure it out. I would of coarse sell the plates openly after you work the bugs out. That goes for pretty much any combination of engine trans.

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
Good to know since I might be in the market soon for some adapters.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts