Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1998 Disco LSE and am wondering about the model. How many LSE's were made? I have a Dark blue one, with beige seats etc. How many color's were there? I have been trying to find specific dealer brochures on the 1998 Disco, or the entire 50th anniversary line and have come up short. i've found some special badges, but have found the LSE line to be a kind of rare bird in terms of info.

Any other owners know specifics on the special 5oth anniversry additions? I'd love to hear from you! I saw on another thread that there may have been some LSE's mislabled LE's is there any truth to this?

Thanks ya'll for any info you can provide for me.

· Registered
26 Posts
This may be the only question I can provide some info. Here is the list of exterior colors for the '98 lse: White gold, beluga black, oxford blue and in limited quantities-british racing green and willow. Other features: burl wood console and 240-watt harmon/kardon audio system, chrome bumper inserts.....

· Registered
45 Posts
I wondered this myself. I have a 98 LSE, Champagne color with beige interior, burl wood interior, Harmon/kardon stereo, and jump seats. What Ive noticed is that some LSE's come with a black bumper in the front and then some come with a chrome/painted bumper. Any one know whys that?

Another thing, are all 98 Discos considered 50th anniversary or were they their own special edition?

· Registered
5,761 Posts
I do not think you will find that they came in any special colours. At the end of the series 1 model (1998) they optioned up the last few to get rid of them before the D2 was released. They simply put an "L" in front of the normal model designation for the vehicle. Mine is an "LS" so it is an optioned up "S" model. Yours will be simply an optioned up "SE".

· Registered
26 Posts
There is a 50th Anniversary RR and a 50th Anniv. Discovery. These vehs. only came in the color of woodcote green. Other 98lse discos came in the colors as stated previously. I happen to have the LR Journal (summer/spring, 1998) for this info. Like I said, this may be the only question I can answer on this forum.

· Banned
14 Posts
I do not think you will find that they came in any special colours. At the end of the series 1 model (1998) they optioned up the last few to get rid of them before the D2 was released. They simply put an "L" in front of the normal model designation for the vehicle. Mine is an "LS" so it is an optioned up "S" model. Yours will be simply an optioned up "SE".
I'm sure that, being the LR expert you are, you meant to say 1999.

· Registered
5,761 Posts
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I guess there is no such thing as a 1999 Land Rover Discovery Series 1, according to you.
:rolleyes:
Why do you insist on being such a dickhead. Are you talking production date or model designation. Do you have your "America is the whole world" glasses on again.

· Banned
14 Posts
You're on an American forum, talking to an American, who is in America. Why would you reference something from another Country that has nothing at all to do with the American's question?

Get it?

Maybe some more smiles will help you? :dunno:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

· Registered
5,761 Posts
You're on an American forum, talking to an American, who is in America. Why would you reference something from another Country that has nothing at all to do with the American's question?

Get it?

Maybe some more smiles will help you? :dunno:
This thread was about the significance of a Disco LSE. The last of the Disco 1's were made in 1998. The Disco 2 was released in the rest of the world in September 1998. In the backward country it happened in early 1999. Were Disco 1's sold in the US in early 1999, certainly. Were they made in 1999, certainly not. So you can attempt to cause another argument by debating whether a Disco 1 registered in the US in 1999 is a 1999 Disco. Basically I don't give a ****, it does not change the point about what an LSE was or why it was produced.

Interesting enough I cannot find anything on this site to indicate that it is an American forum. To the contrary they have specific areas for most parts of the world and the members appear to be spread throughout the world. I know that your world ends at the county line, but that is your problem only.

· Banned
14 Posts
LOL, twist it up and explain it how ever you want, P76. If you've got to go into that much detail to make a point that's not even worth making, wouldn't it just be so much easier to say that you're wrong? Again...

I don't know what all the build dates are on the 1999 D1's in the USA. It doesn't matter, either. I could buy a 2003 MKIII in September of 2002, so does that make that MKIII a 2002 model? If I get your daughter pregnant in 2009 but she does not deliver until 2010, is that kids birthday 2009 or 2010 according to iLogic?

As for this being an American forum, maybe I'm wrong. I guess technically since Serg sold it, it's now a Canadian forum.

:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.