Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello XD's,:wave:

I wanted to touch base with the few XD owners out there. I'm still the original owner my my XD and even though she has nickel and dimed over the years; I can't seem to let her go. I've have had too much fun and enjoy the attention I get.. especially being a girl.

I started this thread just to see how many XD's are still up and running.:drive:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll post pics of mine later tonight. I was rear ended by a DUI in July 2009, I was able to get the body work done but not the transmission due to the impact. Nevada law takes 65% of the value of the vehicle when it's over 10 years of age. The court awarded me the maximum allowed restitution and I finally rec'd some of it and I dropped off my XD with Bill on Monday. I've been miserable of not being able to go take her on weekend fun for the past 2 years.

I saw your pics. Are you the original owner?

·
Registered
18 Posts
No just bought it a few couple months ago. I wanted to save it.....it was in a poor state of health. All new gaskets,timing chain and gears, fixed cdl and new 2" RTE lift and new tires......so far. Lots more to do.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NICE!!!... Do you have the compass on the hood? The door decals and a couple Land Rover decals is all that I could save over the years. I'm planning on having the hood repainted with black paint rather than replacing the black decal and then replace the compass decal. The large black decal looks like the bottom of a dried up lake. haha Brush guard needs to be sand blasted and then rhino lined. There is a lot of work to keep these beauties up and running.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks. No my hood needs to be repainted, the clear coat peeled. I am waiting on my hood decal and should have it next week. May get the hood painted next week also.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'd love to have an XD. I saw one that was rolled sitting at the junk yard. We had a moment of silence. If anyone has one for sale let me know. I've actually never seen one for sale. I look often in the Denver area.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Very cool......thanks for posting the pics. I would really like to see some pics of the hood decal, do you have any pics of it?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd love to have an XD. I saw one that was rolled sitting at the junk yard. We had a moment of silence. If anyone has one for sale let me know. I've actually never seen one for sale. I look often in the Denver area.
I bought right off the deliver truck in the Springs and I left Denver in 2003. Sad to hear that one of 28 is at a salvage yard. :bawling:

There is a guy here in Vegas that is selling an XD, but not sure if it's a Trick XD or the real Eco-Challenge XD. He has it listed in craigslist. If you contact him, ask him to look for the square sticker under the hood in front of the radiator. It'll give the number of 28. It might not be there but there will be a residue of the adhesive sticker, which will be another indication that it is one of them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very cool......thanks for posting the pics. I would really like to see some pics of the hood decal, do you have any pics of it?
It has completely faded, it's no longer blue and green. The blue turned white and the green has turned brown/black. It got worse when I moved to the desert. I have some pics, but buried in a stack of old school pics.

This is how it should look:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, there is white on it... the compass is black and white, the area around British Columbia is originally clear... so the black decal underneath makes the area black. Make sense?? LOL Those pics were taken in 2006... the blue was still slightly visible, but now... it's pretty much white.

My mechanic is able to get a hold of another decal for me. Do you need one?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BTW: Do you know what number your Eco XD was assigned? You'll find it under the bonnet, above of the radiator. It's a square adhesive sticker. If not, you may see residue from an adhesive and that's a bummer. I've already checked with the Colorado Springs dealership and they didn't keep track of that information. Hmm, I wonder if corporate may know.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I wished they used a metal plate like they did with the Defender 90's. My memory is telling me that mine is number 26.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts