Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just bought a 1996 XD TReK about a week ago. I'm super excited for it, I just have to wait until May to get it :C

I'm a little nervous about the gas mileage because I currently drive a 1993 Mercedes Benz 300D 2.5 Turbo Diesel which gets awesomeee gas mileage. The thing is, this LR's got 4WD, is larger, stick shift, and looks awesome. I bought it sight unseen from ebay but the seller is a trustworthy guy so I'm not terribly worried.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Love that TREK XD, I was watching it on ebay.........wish I had the extra funds I would have nabbed it.

Here is a pic of mine just got finished helping my buddy paint the hood and roof. You could still see where it said British Columbia 96 under the paint on the hood.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nice! Was this a TReK or Eco-Challenge or something?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I just bought a 1996 XD TReK about a week ago. I'm super excited for it, I just have to wait until May to get it :C

I'm a little nervous about the gas mileage because I currently drive a 1993 Mercedes Benz 300D 2.5 Turbo Diesel which gets awesomeee gas mileage. The thing is, this LR's got 4WD, is larger, stick shift, and looks awesome. I bought it sight unseen from ebay but the seller is a trustworthy guy so I'm not terribly worried.
Nice TRek and congratulations!:clap:

The gas mileage is little to be desired bc of the 30/70 AWD and weighs about a ton, but gotta love the unique look. I wish you the best of fun with it!!:drive:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hey Shawn, I envy you... you're gonna show me up at the Breck Rally. I'm picking up my girl tomorrow... I'm really excited!! This weekend I'm taking her on an overdue 4x4 escaped. I'll get the 411 on the compass decal tomorrow as well.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'm planning on taking my pig up to breck. I'm totally gonna molest your truck. You better keep an eye out!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Caress rather than molest... you never know of a persons past. ;)

The compass decal maybe hard to come by. My mechanics contact no longer has his Eco and didn't replace the compass before selling; still could have the possibility getting it in jpg. A jpg can be converted to almost any format so a local decal graphic designer could print one out. I'll keep you posted. Hopefully by the end of next week.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I reached out to a friend in Colorado that is a graphic designer and in hopes he can work what's available online and/or use his contacts in finding the decal.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I own number four of ten 1996 Trek event trucks which the 1997 XD commemorated. It was also one of four used for Camel Trophy 1997 USA team selections. None of the 1996 trucks were built by special vehicles. They were all SD promo trucks modified at LRNA for Trek and Eco Challenge. Treks were all R380 trucks. I'd like to know where the other 9 Trek trucks are.

·
Registered
14 Posts
BTW: Do you know what number your Eco XD was assigned? You'll find it under the bonnet, above of the radiator. It's a square adhesive sticker. If not, you may see residue from an adhesive and that's a bummer. I've already checked with the Colorado Springs dealership and they didn't keep track of that information. Hmm, I wonder if corporate may know.
I recently bought a 96 XD and trying to sort out its history. Could someone snap a pic of were exactly that eco challenge sticker would be? I have the adhesive of a square sticker but want to see if it matches up with other eco challenge trucks. Mine doesn't have any eco challenge stickers on it and the ones it does have are in the wrong places. Or if there is any one in dfw that has one I could look at. Just trying to get it back to original shape.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I drove past an eco challenge up in Seattle yesterday. Driven by an old guy who I'm sure bought it new. So there's 1 of the 28 up this way.

·
Series IIA & D1 XD Eco Challenge
2 Posts
Hi,
I recently bought a 1996 eco challenge XD in Las Vegas.

The mechanicals are sound but cosmetically needs some TLC.

Questions:

What is the best way to get the door decals?

The sticker saying what # the car is out of 28 is gone.
How can I find out my number?

21 - 40 of 46 Posts