Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the size of the two tweeters on a 00 Disco II SD? I absolutley love my Land Rover, I love everything about it except the sound system (Its an SD, it doesnt have the huge Harmon/Kardon system like the SE or HSE) so I've been doing a little work on it. I've replaced the two speakers in the rear doors but am now looking to replace the front 4 with a component set. For me to do this, it's neccesary that I know the tweeter size so I don't get somthing that wont fit. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,
Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
Speaker Sizes

Hey Black,

I've got a 2001 Disco SD and I was also thinking about upgrading my system. Do you happen to know what size the door speakers are? Kinda look like 6 1/2" but Crutchfield doesn't have any info on LR's.

Also, I'd like to keep the stock radio/changer but want to hook up an amplifier. I know the new HSE's have them, but do you know if it is possible to hook up an OEM amp or aftermarket amp, but keep all other factory fuctions (i.e. steering wheel controls).

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Should't be a prob to install a aftermarket amp. as long as you use the high input of the amp the radio will not notice a difference, will it. But you will :buttrock:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts