Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I checked today under hood because I’ve been hearing An odd tractor-like Diesel engine sound at random times. Dude runs fine otherwise. 2008 lr2, 175k, kept well , hope it ain’t goodbye time already

·
Registered
2003 Discovery 2 SE7
693 Posts
Cracked engine mount. Pretty simple fix but something you are gonna want to do soon before other stuff starts breaking from the engine moving more than it should

·
2008 LR2 SE
70 Posts
Yes, you can order it on amazon and replace it ten minutes with basic tools. It's called a torque mount.

However... if the torque mount is broken, then most likely at least one of the lower motor mounts are also failed. If you don't fix the lower mount, then the new torque mount will fail quickly due to excess engine movement.

You can DIY the lower mounts too, but that's more of a project and will require some jacks and muscle. It would be pretty easy for a shop, so not too expensive other than the mounts.

The car will vibrate less and shift better with new mounts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the part now actually arrives today. I havent been driving it since i have a backup but Im ready to fix this. In the meantime my driver window and and back passenger window have stopped rolling down or working which isn't a huge deal but......my driver window is down and wont roll up...WTF? i hear the little motor trying but nada. i tried a "reset" by holding down the windows down button and then up button but it does nada.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts