Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Discovery 2 SE7
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is this plug for? I’m currently in the process of installing a camper in the back of my 03 D2, and need a place to run a hose for the drain on my sink. This looks to be a good spot if the plug just leads to the outside, but I can’t get it off for some reason and I don’t want to break anything if it doesn’t vent outside. It’s in the left rear of the truck. Thanks.

·
very disco
2,062 Posts
not sure what it is, but I can say with certainty that something is mounted to the other side of it!

Reactions: TwinsDisco101

·
Registered
623 Posts
Where exactly is this located? I cannot tell from the pic

·
Super Moderator
2,269 Posts
Appears to be drivers side (North American) outer edge rear corner of floor???
If so it’s likely a filler plug for a NON rear A/C truck
If that’s the case you are likely Okay for a drain.
Should be nothing else below

Reactions: V50_M66

·
Registered
2003 Discovery 2 SE7
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, driver side rear corner. I don’t have rear AC, so I think you might be correct. I’ll try cutting it out tomorrow and post with what’s under it (if anything). Thanks.

·
Registered
2003 Discovery 2 SE7
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wasn’t able to pull the plug (it seems to be glued in place or something), and looking under the truck, Rev was spot on about something being mounted there. I took a closer look at the area, and there is a smaller plug right behind the wheel well in the same area that goes right through to the outside, so I’ll be using that for my drain point. Thanks everyone for the input.

·
very disco
2,062 Posts
where there is a will, there is a grommet!

Reactions: V50_M66
1 - 8 of 8 Posts