Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
How about a new front bumper from ARB, sold by expedition Exchange.

Mike J.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm looking more for add-on styling parts using the existing bumper.

For example, something will replace the lower plastic portion of my front and rear bumper

Thank you for your post though...

· Former LR tech, Albany NY
2,437 Posts
i believe I know what you mean. Like having clear lenses for the back bumper or a custom made spoiler that just looks cool.

tbh, Rovers really dont do well with the aftermarket pretend race crowd.

They just do the go anywhere offroading crowd.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Beezel, i didn't ask for anyone's sarcasm. People have different ideas. Why would you categorize my concept with the "pretend race crowd."

Im not trying to be part of any crowd, along with the offroading crowd you mentioned.

Did you read the part of my post that stated "UNIQUE"? I thought my post was fairly clear that i was looking for some references, not anyone's criticism.

Take your negativity elsewhere. Go offroading and rag the f**k out of your rover. :buttrock:

-justin

2,687 Posts
Entropy... basically what Beezel was getting at, is that there really isn't too much of a "bling" after market for discos.. there are some chrome side steps, chrome brush guards, you can tint the windows, custom paint job, and then do a stereo system.. but thats it really.. these vehicles are generally used for 2 purposes, one as a mall crawler, or two, as an offroader.. mall crawlers generally don't do anything to them past the dealer accessories, and well, offroading there is a huge aftermarket crowd.

As of the negative attitude that you feel you experienced from Beezel.. feel lucky, generally the flames towards people who want to 'pimp their rovers' are worse.

· Registered
528 Posts
agreed.

What's the score?
Nothin, Nothin.
Who's winning?
DA BEARS.

· Premium Member
2,318 Posts
:lol: :lol: ouch guys.....internet suicide.

agreed, there is no pimp bling for you rover for the most part.....out of the small stuff there is its mostly for the newer rangies; you probably wont find anything for your disco.......also, dont nag the off-roading croud , thats what our (at least most of) our vehicles are built for. If you want to build a grocery getter then go for it, but our vehicles come capable stock, and I dont see how you can have fun just driving a discoII....thier crap on the roads.

· Registered
64 Posts
entropy said:
Beezel, i didn't ask for anyone's sarcasm. People have different ideas. Why would you categorize my concept with the "pretend race crowd."

Im not trying to be part of any crowd, along with the offroading crowd you mentioned.

Did you read the part of my post that stated "UNIQUE"? I thought my post was fairly clear that i was looking for some references, not anyone's criticism.

Take your negativity elsewhere. Go offroading and rag the f**k out of your rover. :buttrock:

-justin

Boy Justin, you're not going to score any fans with that statement here. Especially after 10 posts. Ummm, you wanted to make your rover "unique". This statement is extremely vague. Most, well everything for a Disco is for off-road. Now the LR3, which is new, so their is not much out there, so everything is for off-road. After reading your first post. I come away thinking you want that under the bumper spoiler kit. Have fun finding one. So some here like beezel will come on here and paste his 2 cents. Big deal, there's no need to get irate about it.

If you did not search the site. You might want to and see that when it is talk about a rover it is connected in some way to off-roading or maintenance. Not setting up a set of spinners and slamming it to the floor and such.

Good luck in your endevors....

· Registered
528 Posts
guys, I think he's talking about a Disco II, not an LR3. It's an 03' Discovery. Just to correct that for those who didn't catch it. On another note, entropy, if you were more specific about what you wanted to do your discovery, we might be more helpfull. Can you give us more hints as to what kind of look you want for your discovery?

· Registered
620 Posts
entropy said:

-justin
So what I'm geting out of this statement is that people who use their Discos to wheel are stupid because their rigs tend to get cracked up from time-to-time? I can tell you were pissed, so please clarify this statement...

If you bought a Disco for a "road-only" daily driver I can understand, but in regard to your intention of customizing your rig, you'd probably be better off with a Range Rover Sport or something like that, as there will be many more options in the bling category.

I think you were looking into beezels post too much. The majority of Disco owners use their rigs for their intended use - driving off-road.

· Registered
709 Posts
C' mon guys, I think Entropy isn't getting the best welcome here... I've talked talked with him before and he's a real nice guy with some pretty cool ideas he'd like to try out :drink1: Like myself he's not looking to build up his Disco for off roading, but still likes to work on cars and likes a new challenge... I'm sure that's what he meant by his comment.

If this is a strictly off road forum than I could see not having the welcome mat out for him, but I've seen all types here and that's what makes this the BEST Land Rover forum out there - by far!

· Registered
908 Posts
I agree with ibjettin about entropy. but Im not blaming on the others, they flamed up coz his last sentence and I dont blame how the enthusiats reacted.

now entropy i do have a suggestion for you ( a friendly one) if you want to go with the spinners and stuff i believe any Disco wont look good, in my perspective though. Yet if you wanna go with our friend ibjettin here, damn his rig sure looks sharp, that what's mine would look like (different color though) if Im not going to use my DII to go offroad.

as for any unique style, you can go with bigger rims, say 19" wheels from Brabus but I don't know if those would fit or not. just don't get the chrome one,get the genuine one instead.

hope this helps and keep up the creativity with the Disco.

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
entropy said:
Take your negativity elsewhere. Go offroading and rag the f**k out of your rover. :buttrock: -justin

Be careful with these comments, a lot of us here are among the off-road crowd.... As far as making a unique Rover....go for it!!!!! Post pics along the way..... I don't really know of any body kits or spoilers etc...I know there are some out there!! There is a RRC with a body kit and a spoiler thatI have seen....Didn't like it personally but he did a good job and kept it clean!!!!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.