Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading up to the Miller Jeep Trail next week, which is in the mountains north of Los Angeles. I've found the trail head and exit GPS cordinates, but nothing more detailed than that...Anyone know where to find those?

Thanks,

Drew

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Drew,
I can't help you with the GPS side of it but I have run the trail many times and can walk you thru it and also supply the #, 661-245-3731, for the Mount Pinos Ranger station where you can get a great map showing Miller and many other trails in the area.
What day are you going to hit Miller?
Mike J.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Disco Mike said:
Drew,
I can't help you with the GPS side of it but I have run the trail many times and can walk you thru it and also supply the #, 661-245-3731, for the Mount Pinos Ranger station where you can get a great map showing Miller and many other trails in the area.
What day are you going to hit Miller?
Mike J.
Hey Mike,

Thanks for the phone number, I'll give the station a call. We're going with the Land Rover Club of San Diego on Saturday December 11th, meeting at the Flying J truck stop on the Grapevine at 9am on Saturday (Couple minutes north of Gorman). My buddy with an outfitted D1 lives in Valencia and is joining us as well so anyone's welcome! I'm guessing there will be 5-8 trucks, my girlfriend and I are taking our 87 RRC. We're planning on camping Sat night.

Drew

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Maybe we will come and meet you there.
Mike J.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Drew,
After this rain, you might want to call and make sure the trail will be open this weekend, They are pretty good about shuting it down if they have too much rain.
Mike J.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Miller trip canceled - trail closed

Disco Mike said:
Drew,
After this rain, you might want to call and make sure the trail will be open this weekend, They are pretty good about shuting it down if they have too much rain.
Mike J.
Hey Mike,

Good call, someone from the LRSD called and found out the trail is closed due to snow :mad: Unfortunately trail access is controlled by the Forest Service, otherwise we would go anyway!

So we're going boarding at Mammoth Mtn instead! :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts