Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would like to be able to do some, but my truck is not really set up for it.
As time go's on I will be doing some work to it, but as you well know it's not cheap!.
But that's really cool how you all get together and do some off roading!.
What kind of Disco are you working with.
Chris

·
Former LR tech, Albany NY
2,437 Posts
actually I dont own one but I stayed in an holiday inn express.

Actually I work on them. Albany NY area.

and you can off road in your disco. just bring a come along and some other things that can give you better traction in the mud or take it easy.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
beezel said:
actually I dont own one but I stayed in an holiday inn express.

Actually I work on them. Albany NY area.

and you can off road in your disco. just bring a come along and some other things that can give you better traction in the mud or take it easy.

Thats good to know but what is a "just bring a come along and some other things"?.
Chris
:dunno:

·
Registered
47 Posts
A come-along is one of those cable pullers. Maybe it would be good to get a tow strap (make sure it doesn't have hooks on the ends) at Pep Boys. Where in NY are you? I am in Queens. My Disco is stock (except for a Vigg Designs Hood Blackout!), and I take it off-road every chance I get. Your Disco looks really nice. You will be surprised what you can go through with it "out of the box". I climbed the rock pile that Ryan posted, and I think I crossed that mud hole in the Pine Barrens, also. Not sure if that was one of the ones I skipped. Anyway, my truck is stock and it handled as much action as I can take. I am sure you will have loads of fun with your truck. Only thing I can say is that you have to take off that rear step when you go off road. Otherwise, I am sure a boulder will take it off for you.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hmmmmm.... Looking at your pics, I am afraid to say that you will probably have to think about removing the running boards, also. I had running boards on my truck when I got it. They got bent when I went to Ringwood my first time offroad. I fixed them. They got bent again at the Pine Barrens (second time offroad). They were off my truck when I went to Paragon, and I haven't had a problem with them since. Just something you might want to think about before you start off-roading. They will get damaged if they stay on.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alvin,
I would surely take your advice on taking off what you suggested before offroading, and im really looking forward to some "light offroading" if there is such a thing? in you avator, you seem to be kinda deep in that water, would I be able to get as deep? with out a raised intake?.
Well im in Whitestone, Queens. Where are you? there's not much offroadin around here, where's the nearest place that can learn something?.
Chris

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Hi Chris,

I moved from Forest Hills to Tappan (Rockland County) four years ago. Craig Ross is in FH and he has a 5 speed DI, John Roche is in Astoria and he has a white 95 DI, you met Alvin and Ryan from this board (not physically)....

We have a few trails about an hour north of Whitestone that you can run with your stock Disco. I'll let you know when our next outing is. BTW, we are a family friendly group so wives, girlfriends, children and pets are welcome.

TTYL

·
Registered
47 Posts
cirus said:
Well im in Whitestone, Queens. Where are you?
Well, I guess you can say we are neighbors. I am in College Point. My Disco is stock and I was able to get stuck in that water. You would be able to get stuck in the same body of water with no modifications. :) Actually, I was supposed to turn right (I think they told me right, then left, then right, then right and I understood right, then left, then right, then right-on!). The splash was so intense I thought we would be submerged. We are thinking about heading to Rausch Creek or the Pine Barrens (where my avatar photo was taken) sometime next month. Perhaps you can join us. Are you free on Saturdays? BTW, as John said, this is very much a family type thing. Everyone is welcome. It's a very comfortable atmosphere when we hang out. I think that's what's best about our group.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I gota say all you guys seem like really good people, and thank you for these warm greetingz.

John C,
That really sounds great, please let me know when and where and we can all meet up do some of these trails, Im really looking forward for it, Saturdays are fine. I must say Im really glad that there are people here locally that we can all hang, be cool with the same interests.

Alvin,
"Neighbors" you aint kidding, I might have even seen you before "do you have a ladder on the back of your disco and a dog guard inside?".
Funny I used to work at this marble importer for many years down on 130th Street. Thats really cool that your over there! we should get together one of these days, maybe you can help me with something, I got this seafoam if you know how to put it in the intake we'll do for both the discos,"my treat!".
get back to me.
CHRIS

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
cirus..... nice looking D1..what year? mileage? I'm sure your gonna have a ton of fun with it once you take it offroad. good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
I have a 05' Range Rover HSE, before this one I had a 2000 SE7 Ace and a 2003 SE Ace. I have loved them all.

PS. It would be really friggen nice if I could get all the pics the same size HUH? :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
cirus said:
... ladder on the back of your disco and a dog guard inside?...
h
I am guessing that would be me. I hope I didn't cut you off or wave my middle finger at you or anything like that. The seafoam thing sounds like a plan. You just have to give me a couple of weeks so that I can finish organizing my house and stuff. Are you going to Rausch Creek with us? We are planning a trip and it looks as though we will be heading there the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend. It will probably be some beginner and intermediate trails, as we are all new to that particular park. You should have absolutely no problems making it through the trails we will tackle. As I told you, my truck is completely stock, and a couple of guys have stock trucks, too. You can check out these threads for more info:

http://www.muddyoval.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1968

http://www.muddyoval.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1955

·
Support Our Troops
3,667 Posts
Hey Guys,

Little late to this thread, but I am also from NY. I am in Tivoli, which is in northern Dutchess County and about 1 1/2 hours north of the city.

cirus,
I also have a 97 se7, but have 123,000 on it and still running strong and stock. The seafoam works great i did it not to long ago. Which type can did you get? I used the spray can one, but they also make a pour bottle.

Where is Rausch Creek? I might be interested depending on where it is. Again I run a stock disco and have never taken it off road and have no off-road stuff, not even tow straps, but I could run out and grab some straps.

John C,
If you dont mind let me know when you guys plan a trip to the trails north of the whitestone as well i would be interested in meeting up as well.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Im from NY I lived in various towns in Suffolk County Long Island almost all my life. There is some offroading in LI (not legal :eek: ) Here are some pics: http://www.expeditionimports.org/pictures/

I also own a 415 acre place in upstate NY (nears Warrensburg). Been thinking about an informal Rover gathering up there in the near future...just need some time to plan I guess.

Im currently living in PA about an hour away from Rausch Creek...I highly recommend it!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.