1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently I ran across the Equippe 4X4 website and its american distributer:

Draken Offroad

Equipe 4x4 suspension kits

Has anyone used any of their products here in the US? They seem to achieve some decent articulation- I'm just wondering why I never heard of them before. the first time I heard of them was when I saw the Draken D90 driving around...
:dunno:

Thanks!

Matt

·
Registered
641 Posts
I've seen the ads in the english mags, they seem like some pretty nice quality bits. Haven't tried them but When I build my disco next year I'll look into them. I got it narrowed down to Scorpion Racing, Safari Gard, Rovertym, Rockware or Equipe components, or a mix of all.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I have seen their stuff also, I may use some of it. Red Rhino also carries alot of their stuff.

·
Registered
734 Posts
FrankyRizzo said:
Just don't buy their tires. Because when they go flat they go wop wop wop.
Just saw this..................too funny :lol:

·
Registered
69 Posts
hey,

Let me know if any of you guys have experience with there products. Are they better quality than Scorpion Racing products?

Thanks

Peter

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Guys

i installed a 4" suspension kit from scorpion racing into a Defender 90 200 TDI and several 2" from Equipe.Scorpion and Equipe are the same products.Be happy to provide pics and tech info.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Hi Guys

i installed a 4" suspension kit from scorpion racing into a Defender 90 200 TDI and several 2" from Equipe.Scorpion and Equipe are the same products.Be happy to provide pics and tech info.
I dont know if that is true.
Scorpion racing made cheeper knock offs of the Equipe kits and bumpers. This was a common practice for scorpion, they did it to Xeng and Stuan to name a few more. In the beginning they where selling Chinese copies are real. only after customers started sending the copies back do the manufactures find out.

I guess it is no wonder why scorpion went out of business.

·
got mud?
1,917 Posts
I dont know if that is true.
Scorpion racing made cheeper knock offs of the Equipe kits and bumpers. This was a common practice for scorpion, they did it to Xeng and Stuan to name a few more. In the beginning they where selling Chinese copies are real. only after customers started sending the copies back do the manufactures find out.

I guess it is no wonder why scorpion went out of business.
Good to hear!

·
Registered
648 Posts
I have seen their stuff also, I may use some of it. Red Rhino also carries alot of their stuff.
Just a heads up.
Red rhino does not have any Equipe parts. Jason the owner did order parts in the past but he never paid his bills and was known not to ship order out after customers payment.

·
You can only go UPHILL in life
1,315 Posts
Do we know under what name is he operating ( if at all )?
so people could avoid been burn...

I like dealing with Rover Dog, now his partner ..that is another story *LMAO*

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have used base kit stage 3 kit and am very happy with the kit. Very good ride and happy with the performance.

I just purchased an extreme kit: I have not put it on the vehicle yet.

Quality is much better than scorpion. The story (as it goes) is that Scorpion used to do sub-con for Equipe. Then they re-badged and then put up Scorpion = "pirated copy." This is the story that was told to me.

+ Equipe has excelent workmanship and great performance.

-Quite expensive and long lead time in ordering

1 - 15 of 15 Posts