Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys wearing 285/60/18 BFG AT KO2s yet? I need to get some tires this week and I was thinking I would replace my Nitto Terra Grapplers with the BFGs, but I was wonder if the BFGs clear everything just as well. I've never had issues with my Nittos, but I want the severe weather rating on the AT KO2s this time around.

Best regards,

Dave

·
1,854 Posts
Did not know they made them in 285 60 18. I kknow they have 265 60, 265 65, 275 65 that fit.
Does the 265 65 18 rub? That would be my choice in the BFG AT K02's.
Dave

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the 285/60/18 might be a relatively new size; It was news to me when I started shopping around over the weekend. 265/65 seems to clear just as well as 285/60 does, but I have had 285/60 for many years and have a suitably sized spare already. If possible I would rather maintain my current tire size.

285/60 & 265/65 are regarded as being "safe" tire sizes. Even if all the air is let out of your EAS they'll clear and allow you to drive. I just don't know if all 285/60s are dimensionally equal? A little to chunky adding extra width over the Nitto could be enough to give me trouble.

·
Registered
377 Posts
You are right, some brands run larger than others....it's like shoes. I doubt anyone on this board knows for sure between those brands in that size. Why not ask the tire retailer? Ask someone that sells both brands though!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm rarely a trailblazer, so many times you can find someone who has tried a product first. Tires in the size of 285/60 were one of the most common oversized tire size to be used when the LR3 came out. I'm just wondering if anyone has tried the BFG AT KO2 in 285/60 yet and how it went? Nitto TG, TG G2, and Cooper Zeons have been done a bunch, but the BFG AT KO2 might have only been made available in that size toward the end of last year.

I did contact a rep at Tirerack who said generally the tires should be the same in size. If there was some variation it would only be a few tenths of an inch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.