Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is anyone using an aftermarket head unit with the Harman/Kardon amp and speakers? I have a 99' Series II Disco and Crutchfield says they have a harness that will allow you to retain the Harman/Kardon setup and just replace the head unit. I'm thinking of doing this because I don't want to spend the $$$ for the factory CD changer and this way I will have a CD/MP3/WMA player and also an aux input for sat radio for later down the road. If I wanted then I could even use a CD changer later too, plus I don't have to figure how to make the factory sub work with an aftermarket unit.

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
The thing is, you'll loose the functionality of the steerign wheel stereo controls.. Is it worth it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ive found a ton of different steering wheel control adapters that might work. havn't tried one myself yet because i have the same problem with my '02 freelander. i want to put in a new head unit but dont want to loose my HK amp and cd changer. no solutions yet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes i have done it in my 99 land rover discovery 2 all you need are the factory removal keys and a PAC-OEM 2 also a dash kit its a small plastic black piece that fills in the gap i put in a Indash 7" touchscreen dvd/tv/cd also i cut my factory radio wiring harness becaues i will never use the origanal land rover radio again heres what i went buy i never used the blu green yellow cable thats data lines and cd changer if you need any help PM me Answer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.