Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife and I Just picked up our latest Rover, a 2004 G4 Edition Discovery II.
It will be a project for my 15 year old son and I to spend time together fixing up. We are surprising him with it today and this will be his first Rover when he gets his drivers license this fall.
My wife and daughter has already named it "Archie" having significance to the orange haired character, Archie Andrews from the classic Archie comic strip we grew up with. My wife also notes that the name has recently made a big comeback in the UK--where it's now in the Top 20 names.

So "Archie" it is!

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The color is actually called Tangiers, its kind of a blaze orange, the image I uploaded is a little misleading due to the lighting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can't believe I actually saw this car in person when it was offered for sale. I visited it at a Chrysler jeep dodge ram dealership to find that it unfortunately had a steering issue and was "too unsafe to be sold". They said that it was headed to an auction and that it could be bought wholesale. I gave them an offer but it was declined so I headed home. It is truly a beautiful car with so much potential and am happy it landed in your hands. Be sure to keep us updated on how the car turns out. I am 17 years old just recently bought my own 2004 disco. I love mine and I am sure that your son will love his as well.
PS: I attached a photo I took when I visited the car back in early May.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts