Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello forum members:

I am in the process of a body off restoration of my 1970 Series IIA and would be interested in hearing from others who are doing the same. I am anxious to find reasonably priced replacement parts as I have to rebuild my engine and transmission (hence the body off restore, it was time!). Do you have any good sources, ideas, etc....? please share them with me (us). I have many digital pictures that I will try and post.

Sincerely,

Cismontguy
 

·
LRO Founder
Joined
·
2,006 Posts
Welcome... sounds like a near project. You might want to tell us where you are so people can recommend part sources. No use recommending a parts supplies in Uganda if you live in the UK..

Serg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Ive got a 68 s2a 88" that is very drivable. I also recently got a 65 series2 109" that is my big project vehicle. I havent got started on it yet however. I hope to post some pictures of them all soon.
For parts on my 88" ive used Rovers North, Atlantic British and British Pacific. For my 109, I plan to do alot of custom work, suspension, roll cage, etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Hey all. I started restoring my 71 Series IIA 88" 2 years ago but stopped after school started. I now have more free time so I'll be continuing the project and hopefully have it going by winter. I'm located in Ct.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
looking who has information about alternative energy retrofits of a series rover

just joined this site ....very nice set up.....i have a couple of series rovers and a 94 defender 90 and am looking for:: people who have retrofitted or are going to or know of anyone landrovers to an alternative energy source.....ie: methane, propane(similar to the old volkswagon bus), elecrtic, diesel, etc...
would love to hear from you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
jpew said:
just joined this site ....very nice set up.....i have a couple of series rovers and a 94 defender 90 and am looking for:: people who have retrofitted or are going to or know of anyone landrovers to an alternative energy source.....ie: methane, propane(similar to the old volkswagon bus), elecrtic, diesel, etc...
would love to hear from you.
Check out Land Rover Enthusiast (or similar) magazine to see tons of ads for LPG (what the Brits call propane) conversions. Every gasoline engine can run on propane, and with the proper conversion, can use both. I've not heard of anyone in the US that does this, however. There was a website a long time ago that depicted a Range Rover that was electric. It had something like 1,000 lbs of batteries, but seemed to run as well as the normal ones.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Hello to all

Cismontguy

Drop me a line if you need anything. I have restored 6 Series thus far. Stared as a hobby, now it is more then a love. I would to see some pictures of your progress :drink1:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Good luck with your project, series rovers are great fun, I love my 65 109 pick-up. One word of caution, do not do business with Big Sky Rover or Creed Evans.
 

·
Series Moderator
Joined
·
536 Posts
I am willing to source bits in the U.K and ship them to the U.S.
Cheers Onz

Cismontguy said:
Hello forum members:

I am in the process of a body off restoration of my 1970 Series IIA and would be interested in hearing from others who are doing the same. I am anxious to find reasonably priced replacement parts as I have to rebuild my engine and transmission (hence the body off restore, it was time!). Do you have any good sources, ideas, etc....? please share them with me (us). I have many digital pictures that I will try and post.

Sincerely,

Cismontguy
 

·
Series Moderator
Joined
·
536 Posts
U.S. parts supply.

I can source and ship parts to the U.S. new or used from nuts and bolts to larger parts email me with what you need And ill get back to you.
cheers Onz
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
1967 Series 2A, 6 Cyl

I am in Edmonton (area) Alberta, Canada> I am presently (having) a 1967 Series 2A Restored. It was a 6 Cyl, NADA model, however It will have a 5 CYL Mercedes Diesel engine in it when done. A local mechanic/garage has done these conversions and it works fine, with good gas mileage etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
361 Posts
Reasonably priced parts you say!

Many suppliers are selling original equipment and you are paying through the nose for them. I choose to for many parts but if my decision making process allows it, I buy aftermarket and alternate source parts. For this Wise Owl is pretty good and they ship all over Canada and the US. www.wiseowlparts.com

They also make and market their own products. You might recognize them by the name "Rocky Moountain Parabolic Springs".

No. I'm not on the payroll! I'm simply a customer. I have a set of their Parabolics and love them. I also have one of their spin-on oil filter adapters, It's great. A rebuilt 2.25 petrol short block and..and..and...

I still have time to buy original equipment from UK Trek and Traction and some things from The Rover Works www.roverworks.com

Greg S
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
I'm attempting a SIIa rebuild down under in NZ. Its a 1963 88" originally powered by a 6cyl GM-Holden motor. I'm going back to a 2.25l LR petrol.
Chassis rebuilt and galved, suspension rebuilt & motor at reconditioners.
New landy parts are ridiculously expensive here, so on the internet to the Motherland for these. :drink1:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Restoring a '68 IIa 88"

Colin S said:
Hey all. I started restoring my 71 Series IIA 88" 2 years ago but stopped after school started. I now have more free time so I'll be continuing the project and hopefully have it going by winter. I'm located in Ct.
Hey Colin, drop me a line, I'm down in Colchester CT. We'll get together for a few :drink1:

Currently restoring a '68 IIa bugeye. It'll disappear into the garage this winter for a frame over and probably won't be seen again for a couple of years.
Greg H
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top