Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: 2.5 hours into ownership... :complain:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hit a double reinforced guardrail while going about 40MPH across black ice. Already replaced the hood, fender, grill and turn signal. All I need to do now is buy a new bullbar (wife insists) and weld new front horns on the frame.

·
Registered
843 Posts
james.carsner said:
I hit a double reinforced guardrail while going about 40MPH across black ice. Already replaced the hood, fender, grill and turn signal. All I need to do now is buy a new bullbar (wife insists) and weld new front horns on the frame.
Oh Sh1t mate! thats tough luck! Now imagine how you would have faired in something other than a rangie?!!? Am sure that at best the car would be a write off!

Do as your lady says get a nudge bar! I ahve one and it has saved my D90 on one occasion, a Volvo pulled out in front of me at a junction and I t-boned it! I had slightly scratched paintwork on the bar and a small twist in the bumper, they had to replace the whole rear panel!! I had no panel damage!

Hope you get it fixed! post a pic of the rangie when it is done, would be nice to see it in one piece!

Geo.

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Bummer... but at least you are okay

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
So you're OK? Good. Schweet man! I love these trucks man. They sure can take it and protect the loved ones inside. Post pics after you get 'er fixed. By the way...what did you name her (the truck, not your wifey)?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Driving a Land Rover is definitely an advantage when you involved in an accident. Here's my wife's Rangie when she got forced off the road by a semi trailer. This happened just over two years ago. She suffered 3 broken vertebrae in the neck as well as severed tendons in the right hand. Her neck injuries have healed completely, but she still only has 80% use of her hand. If she was driving anything else, she would probably have not survived.

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
Ouch!!

Is that your disco on the other side of the road?

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
DANG>>>> I am glad she is okay...that looks horrible.. i am at a loss for words

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
02disco2 said:
Ouch!!

Is that your disco on the other side of the road?
Yes it is. I was at my farm when I received the phone call.

Thank you to everyone for you concerns.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Must be the season for it, my mate in Riyadh rolled his Disco last Friday on his way back from a trip.

Apologies for the poor quality photos they were taken using my cellphone.

Fortunately he escaped with minor scratches and bruises

·
Registered
734 Posts
Searcaigh said:
Fortunately he escaped with minor scratches and bruises
Enuff said............holy crap! What caused him to flip......and how fast was he going? Nice to hear he is doing well after the carange pictured.....

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
This post makes me happy to be okay...... Those rovers are destroyed...... I am happy everyone is doin well

·
Artist
90 Posts
painful

that is painful to see all the wrecked Rovers. and I know how painful a wreck like that can be since I put a Isuzu Rodeo under a Semi back in 94'.

·
MISSING SOUTH LONDON.
3,433 Posts
01001010 said:
For those who saw SCSL's "Alloy vs Steel Wheels" thread....notice the alloys on those rovers...still intact!
WOW!!! Your right.Those totaly held up. Good memory on the old thread binary!!!!!!! :drink1:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts