Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just recently I sold my disco 2 HSE and looking to upgrade a discovery 3/lr3 but I have a few questions

What's the best year to buy?? I've seen several threads saying a 07-08 model, but I should go for one of those years or an 09 is also a good buy???

What are the most common problems that this car can suffer??

What do I have to look for while searching for my new car???

Is it a good offroader???

Should I go for a gas or a diesel model??

Overall do you guys recommend the lr3???

I know that my disco 2 was one of the best cars I had ever had, I honestly miss my old car but it was time for an upgrade, hopefully the disco3 turns out as good as the 2

Thanks in advance guys :-D

·
1,855 Posts
I have a 2005 SE V8, its been very reliable and un-stopable under any weather, terrain, roads and city conditions.
Good luck,
Dave

·
Super Trooper
1,176 Posts
In all honesty, this has been beaten to death. Do a search and you'll find what you're looking for. We don't have a diesel version in the US so your answer to that one may not come unless one of the few people from across the pond decides to answer that.

Colin

·
1,855 Posts
They are the same car, just a bit more interior bling and harder bushings on the lower control arms on the RRS. LR3 has more room. RRS is too small, you cant put anything in the back. Once you fold down the rear seats you will have no driver or passenger leg room.
Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.