Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just my Disco or the local gas stations....? The gas pumps overfill interlock mechanism (whatever you may call it) keeps on cutting the fuel supply whilst filling the Disco's tank. It takes FOREVER to fill even 10 gal in as the flow gets interrupted every few seconds.

Any thoughts ?

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
strange, I thought that this was just a problem that I had. It never happened to me until I went to do the rubicon and the three stations that I stopped at up in S. Lake Tahoe kept having this problem. I later looked at all the reciepts and noticed that they were all Shell stations, and I recalled that they all had the same pump config. I went to one different station on the way back, I believe a cheveron, and I didnt have the problem. I am convinced that certain pump designs, specifically the ones at these shell stations, didnt work with my rover.

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
keptin said:
strange, I thought that this was just a problem that I had. It never happened to me until I went to do the rubicon and the three stations that I stopped at up in S. Lake Tahoe kept having this problem. I later looked at all the reciepts and noticed that they were all Shell stations, and I recalled that they all had the same pump config. I went to one different station on the way back, I believe a cheveron, and I didnt have the problem. I am convinced that certain pump designs, specifically the ones at these shell stations, didnt work with my rover.
gassin up the rangie at shell gives me lots of problems too. no problems at any station with the d1 though.

·
Polish and proud of it.
631 Posts
I would say that it is a Gas station problem . They must be set to sensative for the Discos or certain other cars .

I had the same problem with my Talon ( it was moew then the Disco ) , But I would set the lever on the first notch and it would fill up to the brim . WIth my Disco on some staions I have to do that too . Or I have to hold it half open .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.