Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

This just started happending yesterday, on my 95 disco, and I'm terrified that it might mean I need to replace the tranny... Please give me any suggestions you got.

Sometimes when I come to a stop and take off again it feels like the tranny is slipping OR like it's in 3rd from a stop and the slipping is just trying to compensate for the high gear... aka it revs up and very slowly starts moving. At higher speeds it's fine and if I drop it into 2nd or 1st it locks in fine no problem. Also it doesn't engage into reverse on occasion... I have to shift to drive the back to reverse to get it in gear.. i've checked the fluid level at the cold start up procedure not long ago and checked it again yesterday when it was warm but it seemed okay and the fluid is still red and not burnt smelling.

Haven't replaced the fluid and filter yet since the fluid deemed clean when I first bought the truck.

My initial thoughts are valve body or torque converter, but I don't know that much about auto trannys so I'm just guessing. Does the valve body require you to drop the tranny?

Let me know what you guys think

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.