Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,,

i drive a disco 2

3months ago i was goiing offroading in oekranie
when we spend the night on a mountain camping

the next morning my car didn't want to start
it was sitting 3 months dead

the ecu of the engine was dammaged so the garage replaced it with a new 1

now my disco runs again after 3 months but now i have a continous blinking of the light m & s

i replaced the xyz sensor but it haddent no effect

now i bouth myself the bearmach diagnostic tool te look whats wrong in my gearbox

i have 2 faults
p1843 can time out monitoring continous
and p 1842 can level monitoring

now i checkt the wiring of the can bus system between ecu of engine and the ecu of the automatic transmission (the white an yellow wire) the are still intact

when i want to see the live data on the diagnostic tool
it all says 0 even when i drive
and the engine tempature says -48 ??????
when i look at the live data of my engine the tempature sensor is good

do anyone of you guys have any suggestions what to look for ??
i'm scared my ecu of the automatic transmission is dammaged to but i hope not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If that were the case, there would also be an AMFR error.

There is water in the harness to the transmission.
yea but about the new maf when i read the fault codes of the engine

it have 1 minor fault about the mass air flow sensor i did reset it but it always come back i didn't change the maf sensor because the computer says its a minor fault and when i look at the live data of the engine i can see that the mass air flow sensor is not working at all it stay's at 0.00 kg/m3 or something like that

but i can't believe that my transmission is stop working with shifting all because of the mass air flow sensor

:dunno:

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
No, but what it can do is to make 3rd. or 4th. gear hunt around before shifting, throwing either a 733 or 734 fault code.
I would go along with what PT stated regarding possible water in the wire harness.
Don't jump into a new MAF for now.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, but what it can do is to make 3rd. or 4th. gear hunt around before shifting, throwing either a 733 or 734 fault code.
I would go along with what PT stated regarding possible water in the wire harness.
Don't jump into a new MAF for now.
oh well i tried a new maf allready!!! still no difference at the transmission
12 october i can go to the garage so i got time till 12 october to find cheap solutions ^^

1 - 9 of 9 Posts