Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi... thinkin' about getting a 2000 Land Rover Discovery ll here within the week. Just wondering what the mileage everyone is getting. i use to have a 99 Jeep Cherokee. Lifted of course, which averaged about 14. is this pretty close? Is Unleaded OK for this rig? or should i mix it up sometimes with Premium. Which I did in my Cherokee, once a month.. for a "treat". :D Does it help the mileage at all to do this? also, one more question. I put on a K&N air intake on my Cherokee... which definently helped with the "umph" and brought my mileage up a little . do they make anything like this for the Disco ll? THANKs a TON!!

~jen~

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Jen,
I average around 16 on the highways and 12 or13 in town but mine is heavily modified. Before I made all the changes I would get at least 17 on the road and 13 or 14 in town.
Yes they want octane and I know people who use less.
mike J.

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
WOW!

Mine is bone stock and I am lucky to get 14 on the highway!!! And that is driving it gingerly.. In town depends, usually around 11-13. When towing my boat I get around 8.

The manual states premium fuel only, I usually run 90 octane though. 92 is too blasted expensive at $49.00 a refill.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I'm going to answer this (fuel economy), with a new thread because it should be of interest to most of the forum.

·
Registered
1 Posts
jen,
If fuel consumption is a concern, please get a diesel- should give you approx. 10l/100K better on a trip but diesels nature is to be little difference around town or on the road.
Steff.

·
Registered
363 Posts
My MPG

I get about 16 to 17 MPG. All I have is a K&N filter. I do not use the A/C unless I have to. I also get over 19 MPG when I work night shift. I use 92 octane and use GUNK fuel injector cleaner once every 4 to 6 weeks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts