Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Profesional Hunter
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to redo my whole under carrige.

I will be remiving both axels, and the leave springs. I will have the springs retentioned and will replace all the seals, gaskets, bearings ect on the axels myself.
Then to put all togeter again.

Now the question: How do I ensure that I put the axels in correctly, in ther words not scew so that my landy does a impression of a crab?
Is it as easy as just fitting it to exsiting marks? or should I make my own marks before I take it apart? or is there measurement involved?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Every time I've done a spring or axle change on a Series Landy it's simply been a case of undoing the U-bolts, propshaft and spring bolts, removing axles/springs.

To put them back- just put the springs on then attach axle with the U-bolts- an advantage with leaf springs is that they also locate the axle.

I'm not aware of any special way of lining up the axles, and every Landy i've seen have the springs/axle off has failed to do any crab impressions :)

Jack

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.