Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to put some breathers on my Disco 1,are they easy to fit?
Also as it has an auto box, do I need to put breathers there or is this a sealed item? :dunno:

· Registered
1,744 Posts
Your Disco already has axle breathers. Are you intending to do some serious mud running/water crossings? If this is the case, you will be advised to have them extended.

· Forward!
2,319 Posts
Yeah, if you plan on going through some deep mud/water get some breather extenders. I purchased mine through Mantec in the U.K. and they came in a kit with the f/r axles, transfer box, and the transmission. They are very easy to install, the axles you just take the old banjo bolt outpull off the old breather, clean the bolt up put on the new supplied washer install the bolt back into the axle, and route the breather along the same route as the old one just terminating at a higher level. The back I ran up into the left side tail lamp. The transfer and trans breathers are located behind the coil packs. With those you clip the ends attatch the extension and run those to your desired location. The instructions have the front 3 breathers running to the top of the snorkel, which is great if you have a defender type of snorkel top with a cap to protect them in, but I have a 97 Disco and Mantecs snorkel doesn't give much protection from rain and melting snow from getting down the breathers. After getting some water in my trans/transfer cs I relocated to inside the cabin. Whew!! Hope that helped. If you can change your own oil then you can EASILY do this!Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.