Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey I have a 98 land rover discovery with 130000 mile I got it for a steal last year for 1000 the thing runs perfect but when it rains it does not go over 1500 rpm I have bin working on cars for 30 year a cant fint the problem I have changed the mass air flow senser changed the plug wires and the only thing I think it could be is that the ECM is getting wet because if I let it sit for a couple of hours it fine it won't do it if I let the hose run down the windshield it has not really bothered me because it is my extra car but now my son will be driving it so I need to fix the problem if u can help that would be great any ideas will help

·
Registered
5 Posts
check the crank sensor down by the bell housing. the manifolds produce enough heat to start melting the wires on them and if it gets wet it will cause it to spit and spudder. you can buy a new pig tail from partsgeek.com for cheap and take the heat wrap off the steering shaft(if you still have yours) and put that over the wires to prevent it from melting again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks i will look tomorrow it might be that because i now that the computer that is mounted on the inner fender (ecm) was getting wet but i sealet the case and wraped the the cables i plastic wire covers so i new it was not that any more thank so much i have bin trying to fix the problem for over a year but i can only try to fix when it does it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took the crank senser off a replaced it ant replaced the wires to the connector because when I bought the truck the catilitic converter was bad and when I would drive it they would turn cherry red and it had melted the wires thank I would not have thought that the problem because the truck never kicked a code:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts