Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, figured I would post this in the right area this time...
I have an '04 DII with about 148,XXX miles on the clock. It has recently started throwing a P0202 and P0302, there are no other fault codes. I have done a bunch of searching on here and went ahead with read advice replaced the spark plugs (E3) and the plug wires (Magnacore 8mm). It ran perfectly for about 30 minutes and then started running like crap again and throwing the same two codes. I have run nothing but 93 octane fuel, I recently ran seafoam through it and it currently has royal purple fuel system cleaner in it but none of it seems to help. The coil packs are only about a year old, when I changed the plug wires I inspected the injector harness for any shorts, bad connections or bare wires and found nothing wrong. When I start it up cold it runs like it should for about 6-10 minutes and then the same injector quits every time. I have not done a leak down test or a compression test. I am thinking of back pinning the #2 injector plug and wiring in an LED light to see if it quits getting signal before I jump on buying a set of injectors, I don't want to just throw parts at it. I'm not sure if there's anything else I can do and am looking for any advice or ideas, thanks in advance!

·
Registered
40 Posts
My Discovery is showing the same codes .

If anyone was wondering, I did fix the issue. Dirty connection, cleaned both ends and put it all back together. Been running strong for a couple weeks now and no more misfiring!
Many Thanks
and
Good Day

I'm sorry, it's Not clear to me. You cleaned both ends of the injector_and that, got rid of the codes?

Thanks

·
Straight Up Climb
22 Posts
If you need to check the voltage going to the injector from the EMC it is the C0636 Bank, pin #1 ... no voltage there mean the ECM issue. After that, it just wire and the injector itself.

Good luck!

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you need to check the voltage going to the injector from the EMC it is the C0636 Bank, pin #1 ... no voltage there mean the ECM issue. After that, it just wire and the injector itself
Fred
I have been working on my Disco for over two years with a great deal of success ....which Ill be posting soon, but I have no idea where is the c0636 bank ...Please forgive my naivete ...
The injector were clean by me with a syringe and check with a multi-meter. I cleaned the connectors. I change to new plugs and 8mm wires . I used Liqui Moly injector cleaner, BG9 compression cleaner ..still nothing.
Could you_ if you_ when you have the time guide me to the steps C0636 Bank pin #1 ....
Thank you in advance...
Cheers Mate
P S
I'm getting a PO134 and PO154 could this O2 sensor codes trigger this ?
My next move is changing the O2 sensors and see.
Best

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.