Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah so tonight i was backing out of my friends driveway in my/my dad's/my brother's 95 white disco 5 speed, whose reverse lights dont happen to work unless you hold the stick over, and scraped a tree on the left side. kinda dented the left quarter-panel and scratches from the back edge to the door. luckily, sort of, my sister was backing out of our driveway a few years ago when she first started driving and hit the front left corner on the wall between the garage doors, so my dad wasn't too angry about it, but i'm still pissed cuz i love that truck.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Not a Good Day for sure.
Sorry to hear of the damage, hope you have someone adjust that reverse switch soon.
Mike J.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Body damage is easy enough to fix. The reverse light is being temperamental because the selector shaft hole in the gearbox sandwich plate wears, allowing lateral movement on the shaft. This means the end of the shaft doesn't engage onthe switch plunger, unless you manually hold the shaft in its original position.

The way around this, without rebuilding the box, is to weld a blob on the end of the switch plunger, extending it by about 1mm.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
by the way thats a beautiful series III, i'm sure you could get away with telling people its a devender 110 with only a few miles on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts