Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out to check out my rover this morning since it didn't come back fixed from the mechanic - he said it started and ran just fine, but it doesn't. I found 1 wire completely disconnected from the cap and sitting 1/2 way underneath the cap. I had to take the cap off to get it unstuck and in the process another wire came off and I can't get it to connect on the cap now so it's just sitting there. I also found two little wires disconnected from each other and have no idea which goes to which.

I took photo's that y'all can see at http://curvyrover.blogspot.com/

Can anyone tell me from the photo with the disconnected wires which one hooks to which?

Thanks to y'all I now know what's wrong with it and am in the process of hunting up and purchasing the parts that I need. I also called another mechanic here in my town who has worked on a couple of classic RR's and he said that he can do the work for me.

I'm still so shocked from the outcome with this past mechanic that I haven't yet reached angry. Has anyone else ever had this sort of thing happen to them? I wasn't pushy or bitchy, I didn't even get angry with him when he said he would call me back a few times and didn't. Should I have been a bitch then?

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
That is crap that he didn't even put it back together to the same condition it was....When I was a mechanic working on motorhomes I would have got in big trouble for that!!

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I put the loose wire back on, but the other wire is just sitting there - UGH!!!

When I replace the distributor, should I also replace the cap and rotor (again)?

And can someone tell me which mallory distributor - the 18 degree or the 24 degree? What is the difference between the two?

· Registered
229 Posts
CurvyRover said:
I put the loose wire back on, but the other wire is just sitting there - UGH!!!

When I replace the distributor, should I also replace the cap and rotor (again)?

And can someone tell me which mallory distributor - the 18 degree or the 24 degree? What is the difference between the two?
I asked the same question in another thread and got no response, must be top secret info ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.