Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
in the process of buying an 04 disco with 0 km for 26k, good deal? but the big kicker is what kind of money are we talking about to have it changed to usa specs? and also what parts would be needed? i know for one the speedo from km to mph but do i need new glass and door frame supports etc? i know the cost of shipping will be 1600. any input would be greatly appriciated... ohh by the way the car is currently in the country of bahrain.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Don't even think about trying to Grey Market a Rover. Huge expense, between EPA and Dot requirements, it will kill you.
There are enough 04's sitting around in the states that you can get a good deal on, you'll just have to shop/call around.
Mike J.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i would do that but we will be living in bahrain for the next two years and need a vehicle and fiqured we could import to the usa after.....what kind of expenses would we incure if we decided to do this?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Couldn't you just sell it after the 2 years and pick up another here in the States. Would save the hassle of importing it. Everthing that I've heard about importing sounds hard and expensive. If you are not staying in the States for long you might not have to bring it up to spec, but I don't know the specifics on that.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
As I don't live in the USA (Australia), I'll try to answer your question based on that. Not knowing what standards apply to importing the vehicle to Bahrain in the first place, then trying to fiqure out what needs to be done to make it US 'legal', I think would be a nightmare, not to mention the hassles and cost involved, you would be wise to take Disco Mike's advice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts