Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:wave: This is my first LR. I have a 94 Discovery that I have had for 2 years and I like it. I replaced a ball joint a few months ago and now the same thing is happening. I turn the corner and hear this funny noise and the right side of the car slips. I want to keep my Disco but will the repairs ever stop? Is it possible it was NOT a ball joint problem before? It is on the same side. I don't drive it too often because I have another car. But I want to fix this up. Should I go to the dealer? Oops! Suggestions?

·
Registered
92 Posts
try this..

have you gotten under your truck and had some one turn the sterring wheel hard left and than turn hard right you may see that the problem. is sounds like the sterring stabalizer is crushed.. thats my 2cents.. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Cracking and Popping Noise

I have a 96 Disco that simply needed oil in the spindles! Can always be something else but putting oil in is as cheap as it gets. God Bless the Southland!

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Rebelman said:
I have a 96 Disco that simply needed oil in the spindles! Can always be something else but putting oil in is as cheap as it gets. God Bless the Southland!
I agree, check the oli level in the right swivel joint assembly, if it is low, do a temp fix and top it off with gear oil, 80/90W.
Look and see it shows signs of leaking and if it does, plan on resealing sealing it and using Rover's special grease instead of the gear oil after the reseal.
If you are lucky, the noise may go away, if not, the r/f CV joint may be damaged and need of replacement.
Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.