Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was away for 3 days so my 2009 LR2 sat in front of the house (Friday, Saturday, Sunday). I went to start the car late Sunday and it was black, absolutely nothing left. I then used the manual key, popped the hood and put a battery charger on it. An hour later the car started with no issues. Battery is 6 months old and all of the accessories (lights, radio, and ac) were off with the security system on. Does the security system draw this much on the system? Any other ideas on what might be drawing the battery down? Anybody have a similar issue? Help! Comments please!

· Registered
1 Posts
I've had the same issue with mine (2009 LR2) on and off over the past 2 years. Last time I took it to the dealer they told me it was because the system does not shut off the bluetooth and "searches" for your bluetooth device/phone even when the car is not running. Ever since they told me that I have stopped using the bluetooth all together although I was told you just need to turn your bluetooth off on the phone itself before shutting the engine. I have tried this and worked for a while and this is considering that they just replaced the battery on the car about 6 months prior.

You can try to go to a auto parts store (AutoZone/PepBoys, etc.) so they can check your battery and your charging system. This should also give you an idea if your battery needs to be replaced again. Unless if you have warranty on the battery and they find the it to be not holding charge which in that case they'll replace it for free.

On the side note, does anyone know how long the warranty is on Land Rover branded batteries?

· Returning Rover
123 Posts
I suspect the alternator isn't charging the battery. It could be the alternator itself or a bad connection between the 2. Neither bluetooth nor the alarm system will drain a brand new battery in 3 days. Like bkalz said the auto parts store will check it for free so have them check the alternator when you go back with the battery.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took the LR2 into the local Land Rover dealer for things to get checked out. All systems are operating as designed with a new Land Rover battery. The battery that I had bought 6 months ago (after market) couldn't cut it. Sounds too simple, I've never had a battery go bad in 6 months..........anything is possible!?! All good for now. I have a trip coming up next month.............hope it starts!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.