Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· DiscoVT
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on the trail last night, and after a section of winching my battery light came on and my tach stopped working. I tried to exit the trail, but my vehicle died before I would make it out. I removed my battery (pretty much brand new optima yellow top) and left it on a friends charger overnight. This morning when I dropped it back into the truck it fired right up, but the battery light was still illuminated.

All connections are tight, and I have had no electrical issues at all before this occurrence. As for accessories, all I am currently running are a couple of led lights and a winch. The drive home left my battery dead enough that it will not start without a jump. I live in a pretty remote area, and driving to a parts store for a Alt/batt test isn't really an option, otherwise I wouldn't be making a seemingly redundant thread.

· DiscoVT
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, i agree its the alternator. my parts truck has a 130A alternator, ill switch it over and report back.

· DiscoVT
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

· Registered
49 Posts
Agreed alternator. Don't know where alt buss fuse is.

· DiscoVT
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just got a new alternator installed, seems to have remedied everything i was experiencing. I opted to install a 120A over the standard 100A. should be good while running accessories.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.