Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody on here from around the san francisco bay area? i want to take my dads disco2 out...but i have no clue where. :bgreen:

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
There's several of us here, myself included (San Jose)....

We outta organize a bay area drive :drive: to some place.. any suggestions???

Serg

·
Registered
3 Posts
San Francisco Area - (Marina District)

hey,

keep me in the loop if any sort of local trip is planned. sounds totally cool!

Jason :bgreen:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, i am a TOTAL noob when it comes to off-roading. i am more of a canyon run with a fast car kind of guy. But since there is a rover for me to use, i minus well use it for what it is made for right?

Where are some local/close places we can learn about off-roading?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
looks like fun. but should i take some classes before i actually head out? i dont to destroy the car, =) and i dont want to ruin anybodies day.

·
Registered
224 Posts
dont worry

liquidtiger720 said:
looks like fun. but should i take some classes before i actually head out? i dont to destroy the car, =) and i dont want to ruin anybodies day.
The place isnt made out of boulders, well hit the trails, and if you like, go through some obstacles! :drive:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Join the Nor Cal Disco Yahoo Group

If you would like to go off roading and need to find an active group in Northern Calif. I suggest joining the Yahoo Group "norcalrovers". This is a very active group of Discos, Rangies and others. We have a trip to Cow Mtn north of Ukiah on January 15th. You are welcome to attend.
My email address is [email protected] if you need more info.
Look forward to meeting you!
Jay

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hiya!

New (used) Range Rover owner here - I'm in Santa Clara.

I've lusted after the Defender 110's - was shopping around for a Series II 109" to restore and finally snapped up a Callaway Range Rover at an amazing price.

I'd look forward to any local events - meets, etc.

And thanks to Serg for putting this forum together!!

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
Callaway Rover? Cool!!

Yeah I will have to organize something soon.. look forward to meeting some of the local members!

Serg :wave:

·
Registered
8 Posts
February 19

The Norcalrovers group on Yahoo Groups are putting together a 2/19 local day trip. If you want to join that go on over to that board and let people know you are interested!

Jay

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yep go here...

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/norcalrovers/

Membership requires approval, which is nothing but 5 quick questions:

1) NAME (Last, First)
2) WHAT YEAR/MODEL LAND ROVER DO YOU OWN?
3) DO YOU OFFROAD YOUR ROVER?
4) WHAT CITY DO YOU LIVE IN?
5) WHERE IS YOUR FAVORITE NORTHERN CALIFORNIA 4-WHEELING SPOT

Like Jay mentioned were a very active group of northern California off road enthusiast. Skill levels range from never been before to been just about everywhere… vehicles range from bone stock to wildly modified… but one thing is constant were a friendly and considerate group who are there to offer up suggestions and help when asked. Come join the Yahoo group if you’re interested in wheeling with us!

KEN

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hollister feb 19 meet at ranger station at 9am

:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts