Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
You are looking at a Bear Valley Land Rover Atlanta tire cover. It appears to be rather new. It is SUPER heavy duty canvas with a nice fabric liner and heavy zipper. This particular cover cannot be stolen off the tire, as you have to take the tire off the vehicle to get it off.

$65.00

Shipping is $12.50 in lower 48 ONLY. No international shipping.

Paypal and money orders only.

Chris

·
Registered
444 Posts
Can you show a pic showing how you put the tire cover on... I like the idea that it is hard to steal though, I've heard of them getting lifted at one of the malls in Raleigh. I have seen the bear valley cover on a Disco around here that is a nice looking tire cover

·
Registered
184 Posts
When I bought my Disco last year it came from Atlanta GA. I bought it from an individual that had purchased it from Bear Valley LR and it had the tire cover on it. When I took it in for the first service I purchased a new cover from the dealership (Greenville SC). While I was paying, the Tech guy said he would put the cover on for me. What he didn't realize at the time was he was going to have to take the tire off to get the old one off and the new one on. Bet he checks next time before he offers again.

·
Registered
298 Posts
scotth said:
When I bought my Disco last year it came from Atlanta GA. I bought it from an individual that had purchased it from Bear Valley LR and it had the tire cover on it. When I took it in for the first service I purchased a new cover from the dealership (Greenville SC). While I was paying, the Tech guy said he would put the cover on for me. What he didn't realize at the time was he was going to have to take the tire off to get the old one off and the new one on. Bet he checks next time before he offers again.
I guess I don't understand how you get the tire off with the cover on. And how do you install the cover, and then the tire?:dunno:

·
2,986 Posts
I was going to ask the same question, but logically I thought, it would have to be a full cover that goes completly over the tire with 3 holes for the bolts, put it on, tighten the lugs, and then zip the zipper (as per the ad which says it has a zipper).. only damn way i could think of!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Chris Hyde said:
You are looking at a Bear Valley Land Rover Atlanta tire cover. It appears to be rather new. It is SUPER heavy duty canvas with a nice fabric liner and heavy zipper. This particular cover cannot be stolen off the tire, as you have to take the tire off the vehicle to get it off.

Shipping is $12.50 in lower 48 ONLY. No international shipping.

Paypal and money orders only.

Chris
So, how much for the cover? Free + shipping??:buttrock:

My son's 96 Disco originally came from Bear Valley, and his cover got torn, so if it's reasonable, I want it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
rmuller said:
I was going to ask the same question, but logically I thought, it would have to be a full cover that goes completly over the tire with 3 holes for the bolts, put it on, tighten the lugs, and then zip the zipper (as per the ad which says it has a zipper).. only damn way i could think of!
Ok, so it would completely envelope the wheel/tire? That sounds logical. I don't think I've ever seen one like that.:confused

·
Banned
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bwana said:
Ok, so it would completely envelope the wheel/tire? That sounds logical. I don't think I've ever seen one like that.:confused
It has a zipper that runs all the way across the bottom up to each side. You unzip this zipper, then flip up the flap that you just unzipped, remove the 3 lugs holding on the spare and the remove the complete spare. The cover goes all the way around the back of the tire with only a hole cutout in the back to mount onto the tire carrier. Really cool and VERY heavy duty all the way down to the zipper assembly.

·
Banned
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bwana said:
So, how much for the cover? Free + shipping??:buttrock:

My son's 96 Disco originally came from Bear Valley, and his cover got torn, so if it's reasonable, I want it.
Ahh, sorry about that. :eek:
Cover is $65.00 plus shipping unless someone wants to throw out an offer.. I think BVLR sells it for $119??

Again, this thing looks to be rather new.

·
Banned
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Banned
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
to the top...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.