Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 LWB KITTED 95 LWB Chop Top 03 D2
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sportsmans Guide

I shop here all the time.. I have seen these things at 4 wheel drive places for as much as $60.00 Here you can pick up a pair for $15.00. They can be painted ( i think ) to look like new.. Wait.. THESE ARE NEW!!! NICE!!

Description>>>>

Steel at a steal! This pair is for hooking up a tow "rig." It's the same type used by G.I. tankers, armored units and tow trucks to pull a disabled vehicle out of harms way. U-shaped yoke is designed to accept a hook, cable or lever. Each has a 3.8-ton (7,600-lb.) rating, is 5 x 5 1/2" and weighs a beefy 3 lbs., 12 ozs.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
hamrendan said:
Sportsmans Guide

I shop here all the time.. I have seen these things at 4 wheel drive places for as much as $60.00 Here you can pick up a pair for $15.00. They can be painted ( i think ) to look like new.. Wait.. THESE ARE NEW!!! NICE!!

Description>>>>

Steel at a steal! This pair is for hooking up a tow "rig." It's the same type used by G.I. tankers, armored units and tow trucks to pull a disabled vehicle out of harms way. U-shaped yoke is designed to accept a hook, cable or lever. Each has a 3.8-ton (7,600-lb.) rating, is 5 x 5 1/2" and weighs a beefy 3 lbs., 12 ozs.
I've never seen them at $60 bucks, we sell them for $15 brand new and ours have a WLL of 4 3/4 tons. If you plan on using them then why bother painting them?

·
I'd love to be in the Rat Patrol
3,205 Posts
Why paint them???

You paint them so they look good while your posing!!!
:lol:

Not that Dan is a poser....um....okay nevermind.
Some times the jokes work, some times they don't.
:wave:
Thank you I'll be here all week, try the veal.

·
Registered
93 LWB KITTED 95 LWB Chop Top 03 D2
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hey Eric, That is so funny! I was thinking about you when I typed that.. you wanna know what I was thinking? ok ill tell ya.. I was thinking that you would want to paint yours pink..

come on... ex Marine Corps.. you do have a femenine side to you don't you?? :lol:

Speaking of which... they did paint one of the most famous Rovers pink.. the Pink Panther.. a military style desert vehicle...

P.S. the reason I mentioned Painting them was because things on this site are usually USED surplus. I cant stand rust, so I paint EVERYTHING... I saw this painted on a D-90 to match the bumper once.. looked pretty smart...

( flame shields on full )

·
I'd love to be in the Rat Patrol
3,205 Posts
I would love to have a pink rover!
How'd you know?
My wife said no because the color of pink I wanted to paint the BWB was going to be hard to explain to the kids and in my wife's famous tone, "Entirely I-inappropriate."

It's not like I wanted to paint a nipple on there too. Just the color.
Strangely about 20 years ago my dad wanted to paint his pickup that color and my mom said no to him too. :shifty: Maybe it's a conspiracy.

Sometimes I wonder if Janie will ever let me have any fun.
:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
OkieRover said:
Why paint them???

You paint them so they look good while your posing!!!

Not that Dan is a poser....um....okay nevermind.
Some times the jokes work, some times they don't.
:wave:
Thank you I'll be here all week, try the veal.
Funny Funny.......nothing but f-ing funny....I'm just glad to see you guys are working hard while i'm on vacation!

·
Registered
139 Posts
don't be afraid to hit a ship chandler or farm supply

they have that stuff at the $15 dollar price point. here in NE those shackle doo dads are everywhere on the waterfront and on the farms inland.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.