Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
disco biscuit
1,061 Posts
I worked in an automotive performance/tire place when I was in high school...SuperShops was the name I believe if anyone remembers. We used a dremel tool for most of the odd angled parts...the round smooth part of the wheel on the outside we put it on the balance machine and while the wheel is spinning hold the polishing medium on the wheel. I had to do a lot of em...intakes and other parts were common place to. I think we used a product called Xtreme...maybe. You can do it all with a dremel

I think this is the polish that worked best back then...prolly 1993 or so. Comes in the little black shoe polish looking can...the metal magic worked real good too.
http://www.xtreemusa.com/metalpolish.html

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I"ve been trying a polishing ball on my drill and it's working pretty decent. Tried one spot using 2k grit sand paper and that really brought it up. I was thinking a dremel would be good. I'll check out the polish thanks

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Got it back up and running. Even added a little something to the front. Just need to decide if I'm putting the bumpers back on now.

Ok so for now I decided no bumper for the front.

Then my little helper helped me peel the dip off of the MG to start the prep for a color change.

Most of it peeled pretty well there were a few spots that required some goo gone and a pressure washer to clean off. All in all I am really happy with the ability to remove it and the protection it gave the body.

I then took off to my Dad's place for the final strip down.

We then set to work putting down the new color. First a Vintage Gold base coat.

Then it was time for the Saturn Yellow Pearl top coat.

And finally a bit of reassembly.

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
All back together and coming along nicely

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Got the new rims cleaned up and put on the MG today.

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Done with the body. I did some mechanical work today. I upgraded the 30 amp lucas alternator, with a 70ish amp RRC alternator. Dropped right in and now I can run the headlights and wipers and the same time :D

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Resurrecting a thread from the dead, when did your helper get so big???

Last time I saw her, she was still tiny.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Beautiful car!

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Wow I had forgotten about this thread I guess.

The MGB now has about 80% of a conversion to a Ford 302 V8 with a T-5 speed trans backing it up :D

PT we are getting old brother.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts