Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 88 rover with a 93 engine 3.9 The belt on the fan broke plese help me fix how do I do this I don't have a manual. It is the belt that I believe powers the water pump and fan Its in the middle of all the belts I want to know what I have to take off to get a new belt on. Please help Thank you.

· I'd love to be in the Rat Patrol
3,205 Posts
It's easy.
There is a tension pullley that has a 1/2 inch bolt on it. You loosen that and pull the belt. I find it easier to get to from the bottom of the truck with a socket and long extension. The water pump is the inner most belt so you will have to take off all the belts to get to it.

Two belts are held on by this method. You also may have a serpentine belt in there, its the flat one. When you put the belts back on don't try to get them too tight. If you tighten them too much you will cause things to fail.

Tip: If one has broke the others are probably in need of replacement too. Replace them all while your in there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.