Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 Disco I. I know sometimes brake pads can be tricky, with all the squeaking they can make. I do not live near a LR dealership, and will probably get aftermarket, or should I wait and get original LR. Any suggestions or experiences with different pads? A mechanic suggested Carquest Gold.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Get in touch with Atlantic British on the web or call them. Don't just buy anyones after market pads or you will get lots os squeaks and less stopping power. Talk to them and they will steer you in the right direction.
Mike j

·
Registered
321 Posts
I've had both Mintex and Lockhead on them. I *think* Lockhead is the OEM for Land Rover.
The mintex worked just fine, had not problems with them. Though I did put liberal amount of anti squeek on the back. Same with Lockhead... no issues with either.
Though the Lockhead did last longer than the Mintex
take care
sam

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Both DAP and Atlantic British recomended the Ferodo pads (for a RR) unless you are planning on upgrading the rotors also. I just ordered from DAP... much cheaper.

What do you guys recomend for the anti squeak coating???

·
Registered
454 Posts
As far as material, I installed ceramic pads on our 1990 Suburban 4X4 with steel braided brake hoses for a trip to the smoky mountains. Those brakes didn't squeel or fade at all! I just put the same on our car and plan to put them on our Discovery. I can't remember the brand, but they're all expensive. i tried ceramics because my wife couldn't stand the squeek from semi-metallic. Good luck and remember to make sure all the surfaces are clean and free of any binding. :buttrock:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.