Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so I have the exhaust tick that sometimes happens and it's completely manageable but it's time to get everything sealed. I have the gaskets.

But what do I do about this rust? Any thoughts? Muriatic acid in a bottle and just spray?

Attachments

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
Hi Benny
Looks to just be normal surface rust. Are you really concerned with it?
You could have them acid dipped, blasted or even wire brushed but it will happen again. Ceramic coating would permenantly cure it but will be costly I would expect

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I need to be able to take them off so I can replace all associated gaskets and get rid of this noise.

As far as getting them dipped and what not I can explore that when I get off haha, I just need to be able to

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I did this on my other one it was a California vehicle and the surface rust was not nearly as bad and I was able to take them off without issue to replace gaskets. These look like a PITA

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
In my part of the world we see lots worse. Some to the point of rusting right thru.
I would expect the manifold to pipe bolts may require some heat with a torch. The manifold to head bolts should come out without much issue, possibly a bit of penatrant.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.