Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my disco I in a trade strait up for my old 95 wrangler. When we did the trade I opted to buy a warranty for $300 bucks. Let me tell you that was the best $300 bucks I ever spent. I was having idleing issues and I took it in and they replaced the stepper motor (which they paid $300 for from a dealer!) and also some air regulator doohickey, I don't know what the hell it was but it was like $600 through the local dealer. Also when they went to test drive it and my belt broke while they were test driving it. Normally the belt wouldn't be covered but because it happened under their watch they covered it and of course they bought the belt from a local dealer and it was like $100. So basically I had about $1000 of work put into my disco, it cost me $300 and I didn't even get my hands dirty. The disco is running like a top and I still have 12,000 miles left on this warranty.

· Premium Member
10,167 Posts
That's great...My parent have had the same luck....When they bought their P38 used they also bought the warrenty.....it was an extra 500!!!! The dealership has now done $6500 in repairs....all of it EAS related!!

· Registered
26 Posts
Life is sweet for you!! I am so jealous. Warranty was not an option when I got my 1998 Disco (traded a 1999 Passat). I have put about $1800 into it since I got the rig in August of this year.

Next time around...warranty warranty!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.