Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
'93 White LWB, 235/85R16, 2" OME, Bottorf bumper,
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put new pads all around in my '93 LWB a few thousand miles ago, but ever since, it does NOT stop with the same "ease" as before, meaning: I have to stand on the pedal in situations where I didn't before. I'm POSITIVE this is because of the new pad selection, most likely the fronts. Same thing happened on my wife's car, and I swapped the ceramic fronts for an OEM-type non-ceramic pad. Cured the problem.

But my new Rangie front pads are NOT ceramic, but still not effective.

Q: What have the masses found to be the BEST front brake pads?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I replaced my brakes a few months ago. I did everything calipers, discs, and pads for the front and calipers and pads rear.

For the front I went with Wagner pads (WAGNER Part # MX520 RockAuto info) and Raybestos discs (RAYBESTOS Part # 96680 RockAuto). It stops great even while towing and on the trails. And I replaced the calipers but with Proline OEM so same stopping power.
And the rear I just called Rovers North and got Proline.

It is pretty cost effective and I am very pleased with its stopping abilities now.

·
'93 White LWB, 235/85R16, 2" OME, Bottorf bumper,
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just learned an age-old lesson...

...you get what you pay for.

Looked up my old Rockauto order, I ordered Rock P/N MKD520 front pads, "economy" $6.84/axle.

Found the Wagner MX520 front pads, "daily driver" $24.79/axle.

Both are semi-metallic OEM style, but there must be a reason one is "economy" and the other a higher "daily driver" category.

Ordering the Wagner pads today, like I should've done in the first place.

Thanks, lesson learned!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts