Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1997 Disco 1....

do i need to drop the fuel tank? it seems possible i dont have to right? where is the best place to purchase one...dealer said 280 =c)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also...where is our fuel pump cut off switch?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hello Toddicus, No, You don't need to drop the fuel tank. There is a beautiful access hatch located under the carpet in the load area of the Rover! Shop around for your fuel pump, many places have them @ really good prices. If you remove the pump, you can take it to a good auto parts store, they may be able to match it w/ something else. I once showed a Rover fuel pump to a parts man @ a salvage yard, and at a glance he said "late 80's GM, eh?". You can also rebuild the pump portion only, there is a thread on that topic on one of the Rover boards, but I can't remember which one......Good Luck, LRW.

·
100 quids for a days work son..
240 Posts
WAW ! no need to drop the petrol tank! I had to on my 88 Rover Classic.. Lucky.. here is where I got my fuel pump.. an outfit called Britsh Pacific 661 257-8634 .. beats dealer prices for sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.